What we want in a cashew shell...okay, a walnut.
I'm starting a new post to address the revised version of what we want. Threads are starting to get a bit difficult to keep track of. I changed my setting so that I get an e-mail anytime someone posts, and this helps. Y'all might consider it.
To Recap:
Stamos wants...
1. to be in the company of a non-permanent group of interesting people, eg artists or people wanting relaxation, escape, and/or art therapy.
2. to have a common space wherein these people can meet regularly, both formally and informally, to exchange ideas and socialize. of course, i am also in favor of private space. herein a hotel sort of thing with conference rooms (not so stodgy, of course) sounds good.
3. to make tasty foods for everyone. i have been loving my bakery job the last four weeks, as rachel can attest. i think i am finding a way to work productively with my interests and skills.
Becky wants...
I want something sustainable. Something livable. Something for others but really I just want to live the way I want to live. We can't be everything for everybody. I think it was really good back when someone wrote that we need to have a place that WE love and that WE are devoted to. (Add on going back to web page as a starting place.)
Sinclair wants...
1. To be in a highly productive, self-sustaining community of persons sharing my artistic, humoristic, and spiritual ideals (don't freak out, at the word spiritual y'all. I'm not leaning towards a cult here, but spiritual/outlook on life and the cosmos is important to me) that we might live and work together creating works of varying media and sharing these somehow with the outside world.
2. To have common space(s) in which to work and share our work, formally and informally, a rehearsal space, gallery/performance space, sacred space, garden and grounds etc.
3. To be able to facilitate the influx of visitors to our community, namely like-minded individuals around the country and world, that we might collaborate, at least temporarily, with people extending beyond our immediate circle.
4. To document the life of our community as a community not only through our artpieces, but also through writings, photos, sound-recordings, and films.
next!...
To Recap:
Stamos wants...
1. to be in the company of a non-permanent group of interesting people, eg artists or people wanting relaxation, escape, and/or art therapy.
2. to have a common space wherein these people can meet regularly, both formally and informally, to exchange ideas and socialize. of course, i am also in favor of private space. herein a hotel sort of thing with conference rooms (not so stodgy, of course) sounds good.
3. to make tasty foods for everyone. i have been loving my bakery job the last four weeks, as rachel can attest. i think i am finding a way to work productively with my interests and skills.
Becky wants...
I want something sustainable. Something livable. Something for others but really I just want to live the way I want to live. We can't be everything for everybody. I think it was really good back when someone wrote that we need to have a place that WE love and that WE are devoted to. (Add on going back to web page as a starting place.)
Sinclair wants...
1. To be in a highly productive, self-sustaining community of persons sharing my artistic, humoristic, and spiritual ideals (don't freak out, at the word spiritual y'all. I'm not leaning towards a cult here, but spiritual/outlook on life and the cosmos is important to me) that we might live and work together creating works of varying media and sharing these somehow with the outside world.
2. To have common space(s) in which to work and share our work, formally and informally, a rehearsal space, gallery/performance space, sacred space, garden and grounds etc.
3. To be able to facilitate the influx of visitors to our community, namely like-minded individuals around the country and world, that we might collaborate, at least temporarily, with people extending beyond our immediate circle.
4. To document the life of our community as a community not only through our artpieces, but also through writings, photos, sound-recordings, and films.
next!...
1 Comments:
Bonjour!
Good news peeps. Wright and I are moving to Vermont! Pending some final paperwork we are going to be living in a house in Dorset renting from Wright's parents (sweet!). The best part is that we will have tons of space and bedrooms for folks to stay in. I firmly agree we should all meet this winter (Patrick and I haven't even met!) and one idea would be to do it in Vermont. This might be too difficult so I am totally willing to meet in New York or wherever. I'm not sure what my work schedule will be like yet but I'm sure I can do a weekend if not more.
Good idea guys! I wish I could be in Mt Shasta with all y'all. I'm so bored with Wright being gone. Sounds like fun. Can't wait to make plans.
Becky
Post a Comment
<< Home